A Beginner’s Guide to Instagram Reels – How to Use Reels For Your Business
Words by Jack Bailey
TikTok generated the most downloads for any app ever in a quarter in Q1 2020. So it’s no wonder Instagram wants to try and recreate that buzz with Reels. And with a new feature comes new opportunities to showcase your brand and grow your followers and engagement. Keep reading for our tips and tricks on how to use Instagram Reels for your business.
Why Instagram Reels Is So Good!
Reels will show up in your feed like regular posts from people you follow. To find new Reels, go to the Instagram explore page and you’ll find a Reels explore feed, similar to TIkTok’s FYP. Instagram are also playing around with adding a Reels icon along the bottom of the app for an even quicker way to explore new content.
Reels is the perfect in-between to IGTV and Instagram Stories. IGTV has dominated the need for longer-form content. And Instagram Stories have the informal content with a short shelf-life covered. But, with Reels, it’s filling the gap of high-quality content that’s still informal, but is available for longer than 24 hours.
It’s a more dynamic and creative opportunity to showcase more of your personality and brand.
There are over 1 billion active users already on Instagram — and if we’ve learned anything from Instagram Stories, it’s that Instagram knows how to innovate new features and create amazing opportunities for brands and businesses on their app.
So How Do You Use Instagram Reels?
1. To start making Reels, simply open the Instagram Stories camera and find the Reels icon.
2. Now you can select your audio, speed, length of clips, filters and effects, all from the icons along the left hand side of the screen.
3. Just like with Stories, you can swipe left to select filters or browse effects.
4. Then you can jump in and start filming your clips by holding down the record button or select footage from your camera roll.
5. Once you are happy with your video, you can now add stickers and select your cover photo
6. And now, share, share, share!
Instagram Reels For Your Business
If you’re already using Instagram for your business, it will definitely be worth giving Instagram Reels a try. If TikTok’s popularity is anything to go by, it will be worth getting in on the action, and fast!
Here’s the best things you can do with Reels to start engaging with your audience:
1. Create Authentic Content that Resonates with Your Audience
2. Share Educational Content
3. Showcase Products
Whatever your brand or business, there’s opportunity waiting for you with Instagram Reels.
Are you liking the new addition to Instagram? Join the conversation over on Façon Creative’s Instagram profile!